It seems that the current must-have kitchen appliance is a big fridge freezer. The Americans got there first, but the Uk is catching up quickly, and bigger is unmistakably better. But it's not just size that counts - looks are prominent too - and if you have a modern kitchen, one of the new American-style fridge freezers from Lg will complement your built-in units and other appliances magnificently.
Lg may not be the first enterprise that you'd think of when selecting a new fridge freezer, as the Korean maker is perhaps good known in the Uk for its movable phones and flat screen Tv's, but the most recent range of fridge freezers from Lg will look plainly astonishing in your kitchen. However the range of products on offer can be quite confusing, so in this description we take a look at the most recent batch of Lg fridge freezers released just in time to store the Christmas 2010 leftovers.
Door Gasket Refrigerator
The top-of-the-range products in the range are the American-style side-by-side fridge freezers, which are the largest in the range and offer the convenience of having both the refrigerator and the freezer sections at eye level. The three models of this type are the Lg Gs7161Aelv, with a gross capacity of 613 litres and a Brushed Steel finish; the Lg Gwl227Hhxv, with a gross capacity of 606 litres and a Shine-Steel finish; and the Lg Gwb207Fvqa, concluded in slick White and with 591 litres gross capacity.
Features coarse to all the side-by-side range are:
• Total No Frost, which eliminates the hassles of defrosting, keeping the inside of the refrigerator de-iced, odour-free, and easy to clean. And, because the refrigerator isn't working harder to compensate, it saves you money on your power bills.
• The Moist equilibrium Crisper uses a unique, lattice-type sheet that prevents moisture accumulation in the warehouse bins, keeping fruit and veg fresher for longer.
• A Bioshield, which sounds like something out of a Sci-Fi film, but plainly means that the gasket is treated with an anti-microbial agent, preventing mould growth which could distort and stain the seal.
• Led Display located on the covering of the door to enable easy adjustments to all settings.
• Digital Sensors - monitor temperature throughout the engine to mouth the fridge and freezer compartments at the desired temperatures.
• Door Open Alarm.
• A child lock, helping to keep your children safe and your food safe too!
The Gs7161Aelv is the largest of the three, measuring 894 x 1753 x 790 mm (Width x Height x Depth) with a refrigerator capacity of 372 litres and a freezer of 172 litres. The Gs7161Aelv features a door-mounted ice maker. The Vacuum Fresh selection sucks air out of the vegetable compartment to keep your veg fresh for longer. Refrigeration is in case,granted by a linear compressor, which is quieter and more power efficient than approved compressors. power efficiency is also aided by the use of long-life Led lighting instead of approved light bulbs. You should be able to buy the Lg Gs7161Aelv for nearby £1,300.
The Gwl227Hhxv is the middle-sized unit, measuring 894 x 1753 x 753 mm (Width x Height x Depth) with a refrigerator capacity of 365 litres and a freezer of 172 litres. Like its larger brother, the Gwl227Hhxv uses a linear compressor, making it quieter and more power efficient than a approved fridge freezer. It also has the Vacuum Fresh feature and a door-mounted ice maker. The Gwl227Hhxv is a plumbing-free fridge, so no pipes need to be plumbed in and there's no need to change a water filter. Instead you just need to fill a fitted container with fresh water to create chilled water and ice. You should be able to buy the Lg Gwl227Hhxv for nearby £1,000.
The Gwb207Fvqa is the smallest of the three, measuring 894 x 1753 x 725 mm (Width x Height x Depth) with a refrigerator capacity of 349 litres and a freezer of 178 litres. It is the least power efficient of the three units, bright almost 20% more power than the two larger machines as a follow of using a approved compressor to contribute refrigeration. It also lacks an ice dispenser, although there is a general ice tray in the freezer compartment. You should be able to buy the Lg Gwb207Fvqa for between £600 and £700.
Hopefully this description has helped to illustrate the differences between these three fridge freezers. Needless to say, all three are great-looking products from a reliable maker and any one of these would be a welcome addition to anyone's Christmas stocking!latest Range of Lg Fridge Freezers